The Electronic Village Online 2019
For five weeks in January and February, TESOL experts and participants from around the world engage in collaborative online discussions or hands-on virtual workshops of professional and scholarly benefit. These sessions bring together participants for a longer period of time than is permitted by land-based professional development conventions and allow a fuller development of ideas than is otherwise possible.
Sessions are free and open to anyone around the globe. It is not necessary to be a TESOL or IATEFL member nor to attend the TESOL
Convention in order to participate. All you need is access to the Internet.
We invite you to choose a session from this year's offerings listed below. Please inform your colleagues about this unparalleled professional development opportunity!
- The EVO 2019 Coordination Team
- EVO Communities
- REGISTRATION IS FROM JANUARY 7 TO JANUARY 13, 2019
- Sessions 2019
- CEFR Vs. Assessment: How can new revisions help?
- Classroom-based Research for Professional Development
- Escape the Room
- Flipped Learning for Language Teaching
- Getting_Online as a teacherpreneur
- Job oriented Training for ESP Teachers and sharing their findings globally and locally
- EVO Minecraft MOOC (EVOMC19)
- Moodle 4 Teachers (Teaching Online)
- Mother tongue use in the ESL classroom
- PBL all-round learning experience for ESL
- QR Codes in Action
- Teaching EFL to Young Learners
- Techno CLIL 2019
- Teaching Pronunciation Differently
The EVO 2019 Coordination Team
Mailing list: https://tinyletter.com/electronicvillageonline
The Electronic Village Online Hashtag is: #evosessions
Click on the title of a session below to view the complete session description. You will find instructions on how to join the session on that page.
REGISTRATION IS FROM JANUARY 7 TO JANUARY 13, 2019
- The sessions begin on January 13th but are held asynchronously; that is, you can log in, begin reading, and join the email discussion of the materials. However, most sessions have some synchronous activities where you gather for a live meeting on your topic of study. See your session's syllabus of weekly activities for details.
- EVO19 Kickoff! January 12, 2019 at 2 UTC (9:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada) Please check your timezone here: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=EVO19+Kickoff&iso=20190112T09&p1=250&ah=1&am=30 and join our meeting https://zoom.us/j/417142783